Wednesday 24 April 2013

CBSE Class 9/10 - English Grammar - Message Writing

MESSAGE WRITING



FORMAT:


Message
Date____

Name(of the person to whom it is meant )

Body of the message with details
        who called
        why he called
        follow-up if required

Name(of the person with the message)


Q1(CBSE): The following is a telephonic conversation between Venkat and his sister. As Venkat's sister had to leave for her dance classes, she leaves a message for her mother. Write the message in not more than 50 words.

Venkat: Can I speak to mom?
Veena: She has gone out.
Venkat: I have to leave for Durgapur tomorrow at 4 a.m. for Inter-School Football Match. Please ask
her to get my bag packed as I will be back home late in the evening after practice.
Veena: I will.


12th April, 2013

Mom,

Venkat called up to inform that he has to leave for  Durgapur tomorrow at 4 a.m. for Inter-School Football Match. You are requested to pack his bag as he will return home late in the evening after his football practice.

Veena.




Q2:  Read the conversation between Sam and Joseph. Sam was going out and so he left a message for his father. Write the message in about 50 words.

Joseph: Can I speak to Mr. Simon?
Sam: I am sorry. He is out of station.
Joseph: When is he expected back?
Sam: He will be home by tomorrow evening.
Joseph: Could you please remind him that Anil's wedding is on March 30th? We had planned to go
together. But since my son is in hospital, I will not be going for the wedding. George is going
and he can join him. Tell him to give me a ring when he comes back.
Sam: Sure, uncle.
Joseph: Thank you, Sam.


27th March,2013

Dad,

   Mr. Joseph called to remind you that Anil's wedding is on 30th March. He and you had planned earlier to go together. But due to hospitalisation of his son, he will not be able to go for the wedding. You can accompany Mr. George for the occasion. Call him when you are back.

Sam.



Q3: Read the following telephonic conversation between Rahul and Sonu. Sonu is about to leave the home for school and will not be able to meet her brother Mohit. She leaves a message for him. Write the message in about 50 words.

Rahul: Hello! Can I speak to Mohit please?
Sonu: He is not at home. I'm his sister. Would you like to leave a message for him?
Rahul: I'm his friend Rahul. Kindly tell him that tomorrow we are going to Pragati Maidan, where
a book-fair is held. In case he is interested, tell him to call me in the evening.



16th September, 2012

Mohit,

    Rahul called up to inform that tomorrow morning they are going to a book-fair organised at Pragati-Maidan. If you are interested then call him in the evening.

Sonu.   
.

97 comments:

  1. ohohohohohohoh
    this website has a very good helping nature hahahsahahhahahahah :v
    :p
    :B

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good
    but not perfect
    AS I wAnT

    ReplyDelete
  4. the time when the person calls is missing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic blog. This has helped me sooo much..

    ReplyDelete
  6. great blog man keep the good work going can you post some hindi bhav arths i have been looking for them all over the internet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go to google search and keep hindi language.you will anything you want in hindi over there

      Delete
    2. Very nice vadpapatla digvijay you are genius donkey and ...... .

      Delete
  7. It is better to view like this website to prepare for our examinations. Thaaaaaaanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. But i want to copy these matter to my ppt plz help me admin

    ReplyDelete
  9. this site helped me very much, for doing practices

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I think you had done homework from this but i don't know that you had done test from this you ch.... No. 1 it has two meanings

      Delete
  11. Good but there can be improvised. Get more topics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The website is grt thnks alot aftr 5yrs i forgot the format but my sis need it early morng at 6am i got the format u sve my sis frm mom threatng.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it helped me alot in my exam thanxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks a lot man!! This helped me a lot!! Keep posting more stuff to help everyone out!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should put more writing stuff and stop people from bragging about their skills.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is very good but as i referred other sites it says that time should be mentioned in the right side of the date.

    anyways this is very good site for learning.

    thanking you

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  18. good better than guide

    Its very useful

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like it but my teacher taught the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ravi received a telephone call from Mr lal,his uncle . he jotted down the following points. Imagine you are ravi. write a message to your father plz help me to write a message

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good for preping for exams on the last hour

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do we need to write the time??

    ReplyDelete
  24. Do we need to write the time??

    ReplyDelete
  25. Do we need to write the time??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  26. kenute is the greatest in the world

    ReplyDelete
  27. Not at all Perfect...This is not the perfect Format of writing a message..Time is missing in it....

    ReplyDelete
  28. Correct Formate
    MESSAGE
    DATE
    TIME
    -------------
    SALUTATION
    BODY
    -------------------
    WRITER'S NAME

    ReplyDelete
  29. suberb.This helped me in my examination

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much !

    This helped my son prepare for his English exams....
    I am truly grateful for this upload !!
    Keep up the good work ...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you!CBSE
    It has been a very helpful tool for me to prepare for my ENGLISH exams.....

    ReplyDelete
  32. It is a kind request if u can please help me in a type of message writing where no conversation is included

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The questions are very good just the way i wanted . Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  35. It helped me very much. Thank you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. good messages , they are good for practice//////

    ReplyDelete
  37. i liked them very much ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  38. awesome messages but i sincerely request get more !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm in year 7 and this is easier than the stuff we do... People don't speak formally to their parents but it is helpful I guess

    ReplyDelete
  40. It's K... Bt do we need to r8 the tym..??😕😕

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very interesting and informative site

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you man. It's help me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Really very helpful thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  44. Very helpful. I want help for posters.

    ReplyDelete
  45. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Awesome website,it was very helpful thank u

    ReplyDelete
  47. Very impressive

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is to much helpgull for the people we can call it out pocket book of grammer I want to thanks that person who made this website from my heart

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your thoughts about this post!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.